Active Life Madarao (Iiyama City, Nagano)
Active Life Madarao
Iiyama City, Nagano
Active Life Madarao (長野県 飯山市)
• Beer bar
• Ski/Snowboard Equipment Hire shop
• Coffee Shop
• Lift pass vendor
Life is about exploring, experiencing and being free... be active... live an Active Life.
At Active Life Madarao, we take care of everything from sport, to food, to rest so you can focus on your adventure. Active Life is not a hotel, it’s an awesome curated experience.
Ski the trees through Madarao’s famous powder. Whether you prefer groomed or ungroomed runs, Madarao’s 30 ski runs have it all. Then if that’s not enough, Madarao connects directly to Tangram to add another 15 runs – just ski left at the top.
Boot up with an espresso, power up on a hearty breakfast from our buffet then hit the powder. When you return from a hard day of skiing enjoy an exquisite dinner prepared by our accomplished chef.
After a long day of skiing share your GoPro video’s over a glass of your favourite wine/ beer in the bar. Enjoy a piping hot bath to relax those weary muscles, then follow it up with a traditional massage in our spa.
Enjoy a great night’s sleep in our newly renovated rooms. Our beds can be curated just for you, let us know if you’d like your bed to be Hard, Firm or Dream.
• Complimentary continental Breakfast at hotel’s restaurant
• BBQ buffet dinner at hotel’s restaurant
• There are also a few local restaurants near the hotel (walking distance)
Standard room starts from 10,000 yen per night.
Space Pod (Capsule) starts from 3,500 yen per night.
Please contact for more details.
Madarao is a highland area located in the northern area of Nagano Prefecture near a little temple town called Iiyama.
Active Life Madarao also offers complimentary shuttle to and from Iiyama train station as well as to and from Nozawa onsen for our hotel guests. The shuttle runs on a timetable and will operate from 25 December 2017 until 31 January 2018. Please contact for more information about the shuttle and timetable.
- Renovated in 2016
- Ski the trees through Madarao’s famous powder
- Minimal crowds so fresh lines can be made all day
- Beer bar (with a selection of local craft beers)
- Relaxing onsen
- Best massage in Madarao
- French - Japanese cuisine options
- English-speaking staff
- Japanese hospitality with western comfort
- Free Wi-Fi
- Coin operated laundry
- Did we mention great coffee for all powderhounds to get their caffeine fix?
Active Life Madarao
From within Japan
From outside Japan
070 4394 6085
Daily snow & weather reports